Have a photography nut in the family? Well then, you’re in the right place! Our extensive gift guide offers a selection of gifts that your photographer will love. You might even find a few things for yourself:
Boring! But important. If your family member has invested in gear, but not protection, then do them a favor and help them keep their equipment safe with these gift ideas – some which make for excellent stocking stuffers:
- · Tamrac Goblin Protection Accessories for Photo Gear
- · ADC Bailey Camera Bag Insert
- · Aquapac SLR Camera Waterproof Case
- · The White Balance Lens Cap
- · Camera Buckle Lens Cap Holder
Fun & Funny Gifts
No photographer should take themselves too seriously, which is why these fun gifts are great for helping them find the fun side:
- · Fun Film Canister Toilet Paper
- · 8GB Nikon Camera Shaped USB Flash Memory Drive
- · Camera Mode Dial Cufflinks Fun Cuff Links
- · DIY Photography Camera Cookie Cutters
- · Vintage Camera Bookends
Help your photographer friend enjoy the fruits of their labor by giving them a gift to help them display their work:
For the “Smart” Photographer
If your recipient loves their iPhone or Smartphone as a tool for photography, here are a few tools that can help them get more out of their hobby:
- · Muku Shutter Remote for iPhone and Android Phones
- · Thinsulate Thermal Insulation Fingerless Gloves
- · Touch Tonic for Gloves (make any glove work on screens)
- · Ninja Loop
These gifts can help friends and family take their photography to the next level (or just make a few processes a bit easier):
- · Eye-Fi 8 GB Flash Memory Card
- · The Deluxe Pop-up Flash Bounce
- · Pocket Pod Fully Adjustable Camera Support System
- · Wireless Remote Control RC-6 shutter release for Canon
Help a Budding Photog
If you see potential for a great photographer in a teen or other member of your family, or simply want your photographer friend to have a good compact camera so they can take more photos in more places, here are two suggestions:
- Fujifilm XQ2: This lower-cost model will give better image quality than most smartphones, and won’t confuse new photographers with too many features.
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100: Newer cameras might have more to offer, but you can’t beat the price on this model that’s been offering great results for years.
For someone who already has equipment and tools, why not help them improve their craft? With a one-on-one photography workshop with a professional photographer, you’ll be an instrumental part of helping someone you love explore their abilities.
We hope you have found some great gifts for photographers here, but if you have any suggestions we would love to hear them!